Medicare is a federal health insurance program that pays for a variety of health care expenses. It’s administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a division of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS). While the typical beneficiaries of this policy are persons aged 65 or older, young adults with severe conditions including Lou Gehrig’s disease and permanent disabilities may also be qualified to receive Medicare.
All of Your Medicare Needs, All In One Place
At EJA/Capacity Benefits Agency, we can design your coverage to include the various parts under Medicare:
- Part A: This covers inpatient hospital care such as hospice, extended hospital stays, limited nursing home stays, and limited home healthcare services.
- Part B: This covers medical expenses that are non-hospital related including X-rays, blood work, doctor’s office visits, outpatient care, and more.
- Part C: This option, known as Medicare Advantage, is a combination of parts A and B. To obtain this coverage, your employees need to have parts A and B already.
- Part D: This covers prescription drug coverage and is an optional component, and can be offered as a stand-alone policy, as well.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance, or Medigap Supplemental Insurance: Designed to cover any potential gaps that might exist between the original Medicare and what your employees pay out of pocket. There are 10 different options to choose from, labeled A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M, and N. Depending on their needs, the coverage they already have, and the premium rates, we have a solution for your employees.
Medigap Open Enrollment Period starts on the first day of the month that your employees turn 65 and is covered under Medicare Part B. They have 6 months to enroll in the program from this date.